Reflection on Art Portfolio 2

In the end of the term and year I had a chance to work on several projects, which include McDonalds, Zephyr and Cromwell. The last two projects required to use Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Figma.     As well as attending workshops, learning from other artists. Through the last two terms I became more proffesional. I have upgraded myself as a graphic designer. Using various workshops, such as ceramic workshop, plastic, 3D, wood workshop. To move on to my last project, I can cornfirm that I have improved my research skills, technical skills and comunicational skills. For instance, New Cromwell required me to connect with other artists, such as craft design, photography, fine art artists. This opportunity gave me a comunicational progress, I have learnt how to work in a team, how to addapt my work to other artists's work. I have been working with craft design, I have been thinking about systainability, materials, colours (how iT will be applied to RGB and CMYK). I have been working on creating a brand for City of New Cromwell. I have created logotype, slogan, advertisment materials, 3D sculpture, cultural centre front cover, tourist information posters. My inspiration for this project was Stefan Sagmeister and Candesign. I was also working on colour theme creation, typography, composition decisions. I incorporated style and some elements into my design. Stefan Sagmeister had an impact on my work, such as using see-through and transparent acrylic. In laser cut workshop I was talking to technicians, was working on the sketches, development and creating my work. I ended up with using acrylic in transparent and white colours. During the photosession I decieded to relate my project to the accident - fire. I used red and orange lights, as a symbol of that accident. In my branding design I used blue(whale), orange (Anerical Robin), white(white oak leaf) and yellow as a fire symbol. As well as using bold and sthaight typography and sharp brand elements (such as a peak of american robin and Montserrat font). If I will do this project next time, I will defenitely put more attention on the details of my work. As this time, I have spent enormous time on creating 3D sculpture, as the elements are so tiny and vulnurable, so thery have broken a lot. I really proud of this project, and my work for this year in general. I like the way I created a brand. It is consistent and logical. I have done miticulous research which helped me with style and overal sense of my work. I did not like that I put a lot of effort on creating a piece of work, and eventually it was broken, or just needed improvement. I also really like the way I used brand colours and patterns in my designs. I have became more proffecional artist and I am looking forward to improve my skills next year.