Tutorial results and visiting the workshop

On the week three I had a tutorial with my tutor, whete we had been discussing my futher actions, possible development on my work and results I can achieve. I was suggested to visit the 3D workshop for my final outcome of 3D sculpture for the city. I went to the 3D printing workshop, spoke with the technician, who suggested me a few options. The first option is to create a sculpture from arcylic. The second option was to create sculpture from metal. I shown my project to the technician, and according to my design, the lines were to thin, so I has to create outlines from my design and after edit the lines, make them ticker. Throught my development, I realised to edit my lines using a smooth tool. The typography in my design (stand) is a bit different from the original logo, which I will explain in the post about choose of typography and fonts.

 


As I was recommended to make a box under the logo, so then it can stand on something. 
Also, I will use the emroidery technique for the logo in the middle. As this is a city welcome sign that already has a New Cromwell text, I decided to not use the text in the logo in the middle, so it do not double. 


The technician advised me to make letters more detailed, so I can make them with embroidery and more visible. So using a pen tool I created the inside of the letters. 




I played with stroke, tidied up the whole thing and made lines wider, so that my welcome sign would not be broken. 


I had an idea to make a sign in 3D, so using Effects and Extrude I created the 3D work. However I was told by a technician, that to make it 3D I would need to use AutoCAD.




The process of making the lines thicker. 


In my next posts, I will show my 3D results and further research for my 2D outcomes as brochures, advertisement materials.