Project Statement

My theme is Pop Art and I will be creating branding design package for a company producing toiletries such as Shampoo, Moisturiser, Soap and Body Wash. The 2D branding will include a logo, Poster mock-ups, social media advert/billboard/buses/shop window mock-up and Typography. The 3D work will be a promotional item for the company. My inspiration will be 1960’s and 1970’s retro advertisements – I will look at the layout, use of typography, colour and adapt these ideas for a contemporary market. Also, the work of Ariels Mores has inspired this project. 

I will work on my logo by hand and then digitise it. For this project I will be using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator which I am going to learn this term as part of my skills development to render these images. This project will take 8 weeks to complete, aiming for Week 8 to finish my outcomes to give me time to complete and improve my work.



This work is good for bright colours, a variety of fonts and a minimalistic style. Good colour palette and tidy design. I was inspired by Wes Wilson and his psychedelic art. Bright colours and a range of shapes make designs very unique and special. 

The combination of colour and using a complimentary colour palette works and looks good. 


These works by  Mouse & Kelly inspired me by their colours, fonts and type of stroke. 
 





REFERENCES

Kiehl’s Creme De Corps, 2013 — Aries Moross (no date) www.ariesmoross.com. Available at: https://www.ariesmoross.com/Kiehl-s-Creme-De-Corps-2013 (Accessed: 22 February 2024).